Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Touch of Gold

Today's beads are from the Tierra Cast line of products which were included in my recent surprise package from Rings & Things.

These are a beautiful, soft gold tone and I am picturing a delicate bracelet with the little frame as the focal piece. The catalog description for this piece reads:

"Approx. 19mm TierraCast® square picture-frame charm connectors with organic hatch-mark design on back. 1.8-2.2mm loops. 3mm thick, frame interior is approx. 1.8mm deep. Fits 13mm images."

I don't currently have any length of gold chain, but it would be very pretty, simple and delicate to use the frame as the focal piece. It is calling out to have a photo, image or colorful beads attached. I'll have to ponder this for a while, but as always, would LOVE some other ideas!! :)

Of course, it just wouldn't be the same without a nice dangle to balance it out, so the birdie will work perfectly hanging from a chain with a crystal or two wired on for good measure!!

I hope all of your holiday plans are going well and I look forward to seeing you all back here in the new year!! :)

FTC compliance disclosure, notice of material connections: the item in this post from Rings&Things was provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes. More info about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

5 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

Very pretty Lisa...Terra Cast products are great!

The bracelet would be lovely...or you could do a longer length necklace...and have the square on one side or use the square as a focal and hang a birdie and crystal from the bottom loop on the square...there are so many possiblities with these pieces!

Cheers

Dave Robertson said...

It'll be fun to see what you do with the frame in 2010! Happy New Year, Lisa!

:) Dave
at Rings & Things

Unknown said...

Very nice - I love these! My coworker just texted me that she went to the 50% off sale yesterday and got some beautiful bird cages. She's not really a beader but wants me to do something with them for her - I can't wait!

Dave Robertson said...

- LOL, put these bird charms in the bird cages, Ivy...actually I'm curious about those, don't remember seeing them yesterday. Maybe the cages sold right out :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things

Lisa Crone said...

I love Heather's idea from Azure Islands Designs, I can see it!

After reading Ivy's post, I had to contain my "jealousy" until it came down a notch to being "kindly envious" that she is in Spokane and can visit Rings & Things in person! :)

Happy New Year!