Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Huge Cubes!

Last Tuesday I posted some "green" ceramic raku cubes from Joann, Etc. They actually seemed a little more turquoise, but were really cool and interesting.

I also bought a strand of this much larger brown cube because I liked the variations and watery look of the colors.

At a glance, the green/turquoise raku bead seemed to be the same bead as this one, but in a different color.

The tag on this strand from Blue Moon Beads reads 7 in ceramic bead strand (STR BD CERA 7" SQ DK BRN). There isn't any mention of "raku".

What do you think? They seem so similar, I would be surprised if this was not a raku bead, but I honestly don't know how to tell the difference.

What I DO KNOW is that these are very earthy, yet sophisticated at the same time and that is very cool!

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

I don't know but I know they are pretty!

Azure Accessories said...

I don't either but they are great...post a photo of the beads side by side and maybe we can decide then!

Cheers

WTF Store said...

They do look really similar, and they're both so pretty. Sorry I can't help with the identifying though!

PS: I've nominated you for a Superior Scribbler!

http://tinyurl.com/ybnegt4

The Beading Gem said...

Raku or not, these beads look distinctly edible to me! Maybe I have a creme brulee craving coming on....