Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Huge Cubes!

Last Tuesday I posted some "green" ceramic raku cubes from Joann, Etc. They actually seemed a little more turquoise, but were really cool and interesting.

I also bought a strand of this much larger brown cube because I liked the variations and watery look of the colors.

At a glance, the green/turquoise raku bead seemed to be the same bead as this one, but in a different color.

The tag on this strand from Blue Moon Beads reads 7 in ceramic bead strand (STR BD CERA 7" SQ DK BRN). There isn't any mention of "raku".

What do you think? They seem so similar, I would be surprised if this was not a raku bead, but I honestly don't know how to tell the difference.

What I DO KNOW is that these are very earthy, yet sophisticated at the same time and that is very cool!

5 comments:

Rockstarbabu said...

Hi every body Jewellery holds paramount importance in Indian history and today when

time has evolved, trends have changed and technology has taken over the fashion

arena, jewellery still forms an integral part of women's lifestyle.
--------------------
925 sterling silver

Cathryn said...

I don't know but I know they are pretty!

Azure Islands Designs said...

I don't either but they are great...post a photo of the beads side by side and maybe we can decide then!

Cheers

Mortira said...

They do look really similar, and they're both so pretty. Sorry I can't help with the identifying though!

PS: I've nominated you for a Superior Scribbler!

http://tinyurl.com/ybnegt4

The Beading Gem said...

Raku or not, these beads look distinctly edible to me! Maybe I have a creme brulee craving coming on....