Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bright & Shiny Heart

Ooh, isn't this a wonderful glass heart "bead"?!! It's more of a pendant than a bead, but with unlimited possibilities, you never know where something like this could show up in a piece of handmade jewelry!

This colorful heart was a gift from a coworker who surprised me with 3 packages, each with a different heart pendant last week. She had previously brought in a stretchy cord woven bracelet of her sister's that needed repaired and considering all it took was tying on a piece of elastic and weaving it through a few beads, I made out!

I have since added a "bead-able" silver chain to this pendant and gifted my Mom with it. I thought she might have fun adding beads to the chain on either side of the pendant.

This heart is also bright and cheerful enough to pass as holiday jewelry!! We used red CZ's and white glass pearls to make a holiday bracelet last weekend and interestingly, the necklace matched perfectly!

You could also incorporate this heart, since it is rather small, into a woven hemp cord necklace with lots of strands and crazy dangles! I can't wait to show you the other two hearts which appear to have all come from JoAnn, etc.

Hope you are having a good one!! :)

5 comments:

Just A Tish said...

That is beautiful. is that what they call Murano *sp glass? i love how it looks like there is a flower blooming in the heart.

TesoriTrovati said...

Those are really stunning. It fascinates me that they can get glass to do that. Reminds me that I bought a glass ring from a renowned Japanese artist teaching at Bead & Button last summer. He didn't speak a lick of English, it was so funny to try to communicate with him! But the ring is very special. Thanks for sharing, Lisa! I always see such intriguing things on your site. Enjoy the day! Erin

Cathryn said...

I really like how the colors seem to explode right out of the bead. I like coming here to see new beads and new finds! It's like shopping from home!

Kokopelli said...

Don't you just love beautiful, colorful glass beads?

Azure Accessories said...

Beautiful...glass work always amazes me!

Cheers