Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Green

I found a strand of these Blue Moon beads over the weekend at Joann, Etc. and thought it would be fun to work them into a non-conventional holiday bracelet.

After a little trial and error I have found that I want the square to remain empty so I will run a copper toned headpin through the hole from inside to outside the bead, with the head of the pin flush against the inside of the bead. Then I can either add a bead and make a loop with the remaining wire or just make a loop with the wire.

This is as far as I have gotten on the design and yes, I probably should have started thinking about this weeks ago, but I think I like the pressure! :)

Hope you are having a great week so far!

4 comments:

Susan Marling said...

You find the cutest beads at Michael's and JoAnn's - my store doesn't have that great of a selection. Can't wait to see the finished product - I love square beads.

Azure Accessories said...

That sounds great Lisa...the copper will set the green off nicely!!

You are lucky you have bead stores close by...the closest for me is an hour and a half drive...

Cheers

Kokopelli said...

Those are cool! You could also link them together with peyote strips connected to rings. I saw a bracelet like this with Swaro squares.

Cathryn said...

I love the look of copper and green together. That's why I did my earthy set that way. This will look cool!