Monday, December 7, 2009

The Annual Reindeer Bead

I can't seem to pass by beads in the shape of certain animals and reindeer always top the list this time of year. I noticed that each year I seem to find a new reindeer bead to add to my collection.

I didn't intend to buy this package of 3 metal pendants, BUT...they were on the clearance wall at Michael's! The original price was $3.99 and the clearance price was $.98! These are part of the Lost & Found Collection from Blue Moon Beads.

Now that I have gotten a close up look at these metal beads, I am wanting to add some paint accents on at least one of them. YES, a red nose came to mind!! :)

Maybe just hints of color around the eye, nose and antlers. I'm sure it will come to me when the time is right!

I hope you are finding great deals on beads too, it certainly makes holiday craft shopping LOTS more fun!!

9 comments:

Kokopelli said...

A red nose would be a great feature! I'm working on some beaded reindeers atm. They will be for the Cristmas post on my blog. I think about making one with a red nose, too.

Pearl and Pebble said...

How fun are these!!!! I'm coming down and going bead shopping with you:D

Azure Accessories said...

So cute...a red nose would be great!
Cheers

TesoriTrovati said...

I have never seen a reindeer bead! How clever. Thanks for sharing! Enjoy the day! Erin

Michelle Mach said...

Lisa, I just read your post at www.creativity-portal.com about your new book. What an inspiration you are! Thanks for sharing your story.

Unknown said...

how funny, I just came in today from my own Michaels trip & I too bought a .98 cent item! Mine was a pair of charms,no idea what will become of them, but for .98.....

Just A Tish said...

Can't pass up a bargain as cute as that!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I bought a reindeer bead Thanksgiving weekend from Acme beads in WI. I was just about to blog about it. Would you be interested in doing a co-blog holiday beading challenge?

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

beth said...

Ok, I love Michaels...they have some really serious deals and always seem to be adding new stuff. I have too much of course, but I want more!!