Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Multipurpose Jewelry...From New Year's to Valentine's Day

I just love the community brainstorming that happens on blogs!! In yesterday's post, I mentioned these red and black party beads from Rings & Things and received some great ideas!

In fact, there was one word that immediately started my wheels turning....."harlequin".

As a fan of jigsaw puzzles I find myself drawn to harlequin patterns because they remind me of puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly. Now the question is, can I take the idea in my head and make it into a reality by New Year's Eve? :)

If not, I have a back-up!
When I first looked at these two filigree pieces from Rings & Things in today's post, I thought they were really pretty hearts that were meant to be wired together to form a hollow, sort of 3 dimensional piece.

Of course, once I held the pieces together, I realized it was the perfect size to hold one of the red faceted party beads from yesterday's post.

I love the look and think it would be perfect as a New Year's Eve OR Valentine's Day piece of jewelry!! It has a mysterious feel to it...

The funny thing is, it turns out the filigree "hearts" are actually spades!! Here is the description from the Rings & Things catalog:

Approx. 35x24mm domed fancy spade filigrees with top loop and 3 bottom loops. One sided. Gunmetal.

I better get busy!!

FTC compliance disclosure, notice of material connections: the item in this post from Rings&Things was provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes. More info about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

Well those are cool! And hot!
I like them!

Anonymous said...

Love those 3-D "hearts"! I have to agree that they look like hearts and not spades. Maybe R&T will have to re-name them in your honor!

Wishing you an inspiring and creative New Year!

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

The Beading Gem said...

Really clever idea! I actually have the exact same findings.