Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bead Mixes Are FUN!

Bead mixes come in lots of shapes and sizes! You can buy them already made at the craft store or bead shop.


I love when bead shops throw a bunch of miscellaneous beads in a tube and call it a mix. That's the beauty of a mix, it doesn't really need to have much rhyme or reason. If it is pleasing to the eye, that's the only requirement!

Here are a few of my favorite fun bead mixes. Each of them is special in its own way!

Small bead mixes that include seed beads are fun to incorporate into bead crochet projects. It's been a while since I made a bead crochet bracelet, but I love making them!

This is a good reminder to me that it's time to work on a crochet project!

If you have never tried it, there are some great books out there with exciting and interesting projects in them.

They might look intimidating at first, but if you know how to chain stitch a single crochet, then you are well on your way!

The larger bead mix would be great randomly wire wrapped together.

Of course, the crystals are so gorgeous, it's easy to get distracted and drawn to them! I love this random combination of crystals here.

Either simply strung or right-angle-woven (?) into a project, it will be a hit for sure!

Hope you are having a great day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog. I was thinking it would be fun to use seed beads and stitch around those little wooden beads.

Azure Accessories said...

Great mixes you've shown...they can be so much fun to use.

I've done a few crochet pieces but used pearls for them...mixes might be nice though!

Cheers
PS...you are "welcome"...it is always a pleasure to visit!!!

flyingbeader said...

Lisa, if you want to see some lovely seed bead mixes (be still my hear) then check out Beverly Ash Gilbert...she has a great new book out too on about color selection
http://beverlygilbert.blogspot.com/

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Lisa,
Congratulations on your upcoming book - it looks wonderful!! The cover is beautiful.

And yes, Julie was my editor too - we must have been paralleling each other over the last year+!!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I love bead mixes too!

Andrew Thornton said...

Congratulations on your new book. I just saw the review over on Jean Yates' site. Nicely done!