Saturday, January 2, 2010

This Week's Project: Happy Valentine's Day!

Have you noticed the grocery and craft stores have already made room for Valentine's Day? Any occassion that celebrates love in any form is a good thing!

I like the pretty hearts and I get a kick out of how the candy heart sayings have evolved and include current methods of communications such as "call me" and "email me". Too cute!!
If you are interested in looking at the history of Necco sweetheart conversation hearts, I've included a link to the Necco site. Amazing info here!! Did you know they have been a tradition since the civil war?? Seriously, according to their website, Abraham Lincoln was still president of the United States at that time. I had no idea!

Getting back to jewelry....for this week's project, I have incorporated the domed filligree "spades" that I thought looked very much like hearts and the flat filligree harvest pieces with the fabulously faceted red and black beads that I mentioned last week, all from Rings & Things.

There was a bit of trial and error with this piece. I ended up wiring it all together with black craft wire which makes it very pliable and form fitting to the wrist. I was also able to slightly curve the flat filligree pieces to form to my wrist.
I can't wait to wear this tomorrow with a nice black sweater and red blouse! I guess the motto here is, "merrily we roll along". Move over New Year's and hello Valentine's day! Is that being fickle or extremely well adjusted and accepting of the next step in life? Hmm, something to ponder. :)

I hope you are all having a great and crafty weekend!!

FTC compliance disclosure, notice of material connections: the item in this post from Rings&Things was provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes. More info about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

11 comments:

Just A Tish said...

wow woW WOW!!!!

Azure Accessories said...

Love it Lisa...I wear at least three bracelets all the time, I enjoy different looks!!!!
Cheers

Cathryn said...

I love it! That's creative and pretty!

Rose said...

My book store has started putting out the Valentine's Day items in the stationary and kid's section. I keep thinking there's a holiday between now and then... but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong :P

Red and black are two of my favorite colors and I love how they look together. Very pretty.

Dave Robertson said...

Such a creative way to put together a bracelet, Lisa!

:) Dave
at Rings & Things

kanishk said...

I enjoy different looks!!!!
buy wagyu

Cyndi L said...

I love hearts too, Lisa...they're one of my favorite symbols to include in jewelry :-)

Jeannie said...

This makes my heart beat faster. I love hearts and anything with a heart. Lisa, This is so beautiful.
It will look perfect with your black sweater and red blouse. Carry On. jeannie

Lisa Crone said...

Thank you so much! I have had lots of fun wearing this one! :)

Tammy said...

Love the filigree! I often end up making holiday so late that I don't get a chance to wear it much, but this piece you could wear any time.

Happy valentine’s day 2010 said...

Wishes to The loves always happy!