Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sweet Tweet Jewelry

Okay, I might have gotten carried away with the glitter, BUT....I had a lot of fun playing with these Rings & Things findings today. Since they came in my Valentine's Day bead package, I thought it would be nice to incorporate them into Valentine jewelry.

I had mentioned the Necco Sweatheart Candy hearts recently and thought it would be fun to see if I could put one into jewelry.

So, here is the experimental, glittery necklace I came up with. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED the "Tweet Me" heart.

Now, I am just assuming this is referring to communicating via Twitter, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it was perfect for the bird dangle.

The glue and mod-podge is still drying, so it is not yet connected to the pearls permanently. I am hoping to wear it tomorrow if everything adheres well.

I hope you are all having a fun weekend!! I'm counting down to Thursday, 1/21/10, which is the day my book, A Bead in Time, hits stores....yay!! I am so EXCITED and to be perfectly honest, I've had a moment or two of nail biting... :) I hope to have my book page link up in the very near future which will include info on where it can be found.

Ironically, I am now heading over to Twitter, hope to see you there!! If so, I hope you will "Tweet Me"! :)


FTC compliance disclosure, notice of material connections: the item in this post from Rings&Things was provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes. More info about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

8 comments:

Delana said...

Lisa,

I so enjoy your posts every day...The necklace is lovely and I look forward to the book...I've had a glance through it on Amazon...Now I need to see if it is available on Amazon.co.uk (shipping charges and customs fees from th U.S. are a nightmare)

Anyway keep blogging and keep us informed.

Delana

Jeannie said...

SWEET TWEET! I love the green and there is no just thing as "too much glitter."
I want to be a R&T blog partner by-golly. You lucky duck.

I don't know how you do this everyday. I always imagine your jewelry box or is it a whole room now.

Cathryn said...

I'm sooooooooo looking forward to your book. The necklace is cute and works for today's culture!

Azure Accessories said...

Great necklace...

I'm looking forward to your book as well...Amazon.ca says January 27th for us Canadian!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend...
Cheers

ImplausibleYarn said...

I love that dangling charm! I would never have thought of using that together to make such an original creation!

The Beading Gem said...

I got your book on Friday! What a delight. Will write about it in February when I have had a chance to look through it in detail.

Rose said...

Tweets refer to the 140 word postings that you can write on Twitter. Genius, really.

I love the green with the gold and pearls. The colors remind me of a tea party for some reason. Hmmm...

Kokopelli said...

How cute! Just perfect!
And good luck and best wishes for your book. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :-)