Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jill MacKay 3-Strand Magnetic Clasp

I received a generous giftcard over the holidays to Joann, Etc. from my Dad and finally made it over there with a plan to buy anything I saw that I liked.

Normally I will walk the aisles and make a mental list of the things I like, then walk the aisles again picking up the things I think I can't live without. It is normally at that point when I start editing until I end up with just the items I absolutely "need".

It was so nice picking things up on the first walk-through and keeping everything I liked! Thanks Dad!!

This silver plated magnetic clasp caught my attention right away so I just reached out and grabbed it, put it in my basket and I think I might have even hummed a happy little tune in the process.

It seems ironic that I photographed this at the same time as the Soft Flex Trios and it didn't even occur to me until now that the 3 strand clasp would work well with these 3 different colors of wire. I can't wait to try some kind of knotting or weaving project using the wire and this very cool clasp.

Stay tuned... :) Oh, and PLEASE send me any ideas you have that I can incorporate into this project!!

8 comments:

Tania - Jet Designs said...

That is a lovely clasp

callie said...

This is such a beautiful clasp! I bought it a couple days ago too! I haven't made anything with it yet, but it's on today's to-do list :)

Mikki said...

Oooo....I like that! I could even use that. The only thing that scares me about magnetic clasps is that I've heard the same story from a lot of people...when they are on bracelets the bracelet tends to end in the toilet when making a pit stop.

Just A Tish said...

That is lovely - I really like the Jill MacKay line. Something that pretty cant' be in the back of the necklace tho. too pretty to hide :)

2 Good Claymates said...

I've really enjoyed your blog. I have presented you with an award and you can receive it from our blog:

http://2goodclaymates.blogspot.com/2010/01/some-blog-awards.html

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I agree - will work well with the Trio package. :)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

What a great looking clasp! I'll have to keep my eye open for those. I've got some Trios too that would be the perfect compliment. Thanks for the idea!

Karin said...

I met Jill at the Bead & Button show last year and she generously gave me this clasp to use in my book. I can't say enough about how great this design is. First, the clasp is so smooth and flat. It lays nicely and would be very comfortable on a bracelet (although I ended up making a necklace). Second, the magnet is super strong so there are no worries about leaving your jewery behind!