Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is it Spring Yet?

Maybe focusing on sunshine, green grass and flowers will make it happen faster. I know, patience..patience..patience.

This cute pile of flower beads are leftovers from a chunky, flowery, needle and thread bracelet project and I have never figured out what to do with them. It seems a shame not to use them for something.

It might be fun to sew them into some kind of giant bauble to hang on a long chain or cording that you can look at throughout the day to get that springy feeling. I sure could use a little of that right now.

I am all of a sudden reminded of little plasticky perfume containers that would hang around your neck...must have been popular in the 197o's.

I wonder if you could spritz a bauble of beads with some perfume every morning and have it linger slightly all day. Hmm... interesting thought, maybe a little bit off-kilter...not sure... It's okay to laugh and shake your head from left to right a few times, I am not offended, in fact I completely understand.

I hope you are having a great week! If you have an extra second, let me know what you think about "scented baubles". :)

Oh, I just found a picture of the bracelet I made with these. Now, what did I do with it? Is that a sign I have too much jewelry that I don't know off-hand where something is?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! Scented baubles would be nice- as long as the scent is not too strong. I suppose you could make one with material that would hold scent well, or maybe an old-fashioned locket thing.

Azure Accessories said...

I'm ready for spring myself...but we have a long way to go yet!!!

Love the bracelet...I'm sure it has a great deal of movement with all those beads...

I have allergies and because of that I rarely purchase scented anything...but I know there would be many who would love scented baubles!!!

Cheers

Cathryn said...

I though you could make those long, dangly earrings out of the leftovers to match the bracelet.

I'm sooooooo ready to see my spring bulbs and breathe in their scents!

WTF Store said...

Scented sun catchers sounds like a great idea! We used to have little ceramic candle pots that sat on the window and smelled great when the sun warmed them. What about a hanging votive for essential oil, decorated with crystals? Like those dishes you put on the light bulb, only way prettier!