Monday, January 4, 2010

Hearts, Hearts & More Hearts!!

I thoroughly enjoyed wearing my new valentine bracelet that I made on Saturday to work today.

I received some nice comments, but more importantly, I could tell it was an attention getter for some reason. It must be the shiny gunmetal gray with the sharp red and black along with the mysterious red bead inside the domed filligree heart/spade pieces.
I must admit I have been holding out on you a little bit though....These weren't the only beads I received in my recent Rings & Things blogger package.

These fun and adorable lampwork glass hearts look like decorated cookies or a line of pies cooling in the window.

I've been sketching designs for using these and hope to have something fun and festive ready for the weekend post.
These beads are just plain cheerful!! What a nice surprise in the middle of winter...somehow they give off an aura of happy sweetness. NICE!
I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear your ideas for incorporating these into jewelry designs.
I hope you are all staying warm and safe!!
FTC compliance disclosure, notice of material connections: the item in this post from Rings&Things was provided as a promotional gift as part of the Blog Partner Program for review or design purposes. More info about the Rings & Things Blog Partner Program

9 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

Yummmm Love these beads Lisa!!! I am so glad you asked for our two cents...my immediate thought was to dangle two of the hearts each on their own dainty chain, one longer than the other. Maybe even "break it up" with a tiny sparkling crystal and then have chain with the crystals around the neck. So the finished piece looks like a lariat. Does that makes sense? (Not a full cup of coffee here yet!)

Azure Accessories said...

Aren't those the cutest...depending on how large they are you could dangle them from a bracelet...some people like myself love dangles.

Cheers

Cathryn said...

I thought of earrings--dangly earrings!

Anonymous said...

The lampwork hearts do look like cookies! Makes me want to make cookies now! I also wanted to let you know I started a new blog and have already been adding some jewelry! getbusywithcrafts.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Sorry made a mistake!! The lampwork hearts do look like cookies! Makes me want to make cookies now! I also wanted to let you know I started a new blog and have already been adding some jewelry! getbusywithcrafts.blogspot.com

Dave Robertson said...

Love the caged bead!

:) Dave
at Rings & Things

Carole said...

Hey Lisa! I hope you had a wonderful holiday. :-)

I love that bracelet and those first set of beads. How fun.

I didn't know you were putting together a book. Congratulations!

Corie said...

The Valentine bracelet is beautiful. I love it!

Kokopelli said...

They look yummie!!!! Maybe you can find a gingerbread man bead and combine them. That would be a fun necklace or bracelet for Christmas time.