Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beaded Trim

I bought this beaded trim a few years ago for a craft that I was taking to our craft night to "teach". I use the word "teach" lightly because I didn't really have a plan, more of a concept and hoped it was going to work.

I had bought microfiber placemats that looked like suede in a variety of colors and the plan was to make them into a purse or clutch bag by folding them so they would have a flap closure, punching holes along the side and using faux suede cording, lace them up. Sounded easy in my mind anyway!

I thought it would be fun to bring lots of different trims and beads along for embellishing. This is the trim that was left over and now that I see how cute it is I really want to find a use for it. That might mean using it as is OR taking it apart. Not sure.
I was hoping I might get some ideas from all of you since lots of beaders are also crafters.

Please let me know what you think! Have a great day!

7 comments:

Lucia said...

I love those coins, I have some coins too. I called mine, "Elizabeth coin", because the picture of my coin is Elizabeth picture. I made a necklace from those.

Just A Tish said...

those are already made earrings! I love beaded trim. i want to sew it on everything :)

TesoriTrovati said...

Looks like a charm necklace or bracelet to me! I would weave wire around the ribbon fibers giving them strength and shape and also weave in more fibers. Great trim! Enjoy the day! Erin

Azure Accessories said...

I've used different types of trim for different things in the last few years...it is fun to use unusual unique items!
Cheers

Lisa Crone said...

Ooh, great ideas! I never thought about adding wire, love it!

Kirsten said...

Hi Lisa! I'm new to your blog.... Love your posts.... very pretty trim- The coins are really pretty...I would make a multi strand chain necklace and dangle the coins and pretty beads from the chains. Have a lovely day! Kirsten

Mary Anne said...

I have this exact trim. I have taken it apart and used the coins and the beads on many different occassions. Great minds think alike!