Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tie-Dyed Tulips

Today's bead, in MY mind, resembles a tie-dyed tulip! This could be because I have spring on my mind and am SO READY for sunshine and flowers!

I found a small tube of these beads last weekend while rooting around in my creatively chaotic crafting room.

The vision I have is so clear of these beads each having a long green stem!

Now the question is: how can I make that happen?

They could be individual components, each on a headpin, with either green rubber tubing or seedbeads creating the stem.

They could then be hung from ear wires or a neck wire.

OR, there might be a way to get really interesting and have them strung on a bracelet with long stems creating LOTS of crazy dangles!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one! :)

4 comments:

Patricia JL said...

What about some green wire? I have a pair of earrings where I thread a bead with a little three loop end, can do a four loop too. Can't wait to see what you come up with. ^^ (example of what I'm talking about. http://pltreasures.ecrater.com/p/2253566/easter-egg-earrings)

Anonymous said...

what about a bead embroidery piece, you could add stems where ever you want or make a field of tulips!

But when I first saw them they looked like candy corn to me. lol

Clamworks said...

how about using a couple of small gauge (26 or 28) headpins with yellow seed beads -- something tiny like Delicas -- through the top to look like stamen, then green seed beads for the stem.

if you had a bunch, they'd make a sweet ring...like a bouquet on your finger :)

Unknown said...

Lime green Artistic would look cool and play into the bright tie-dye theme.