Monday, March 28, 2011

Speckled Art Project

Have you ever seen anything like this before? It was in a bargain bin for beads that maybe didn't turn out exactly as they were supposed to and I felt a strong need to rescue it!

I would have thought this was a rock that was dug up and considered a treasure.

I don't know how it made it into the world, but I think it is very artfully perfect! Sort of speckled egg-ish or freeform art project, maybe even comic bookish!

Now that I think of it, that is probably why I was drawn to it. I have a HUGE collection of Archie Comics and not a day goes by that I don't pick one up for a quick read. :)

What do you think? Have you seen anything like this before?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a totally awesome bead. I would have bought it too! I think it needs a story about how it came to be and how it is now a bead with cool super powers.

Though the real question... What are you going to make with it?

Patricia JL said...

That's a cool bead. I bet it'd make a neat pendant or focal point of a piece of jewelry.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! It looks like a malted milk egg, yum!

Almost Precious said...

Love it ! Just think of all the colors that it could go with. Maybe whip an amazing "confetti" necklace or bracelet using all the awesome colors that are in that one rare bead.

jamberry_song said...

Something similar, but not exactly. I'm glad you two found each other! ;) You're right, the bright, happy colors do remind me of comic books. I wonder what it will become a part of?