Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Smart Design - Eye Glasses Holder

Instead of a bead, I was anxious to show you this ingenious design for holding your eye glasses!

My Mom wore it home from Florida this week to show me.

This is a design my Dad came up with for her and lots of friends who wanted an easy and cute way to keep track of their glasses without having to connect them to a chain.

He used the round end of a toggle clasp and crimped one end of beading wire to it, added a miscellaneous bead mix and ended it by crimping the other end to the toggle. This fits over the head and one arm of the glasses slides through the toggle!!

So cute and so smart! What a GREAT idea! :)

6 comments:

Patricia JL said...

That is so pretty! Even if you don't have glasses it'd make a beautiful necklace.

Anonymous said...

I just made the same thing! LOL, I thought I came up with it myself, I'll be posting the finished product on my blog. Except I added a volunteer badge to my toggle clasp end. It really is cool!

Lisa Crone said...

Great creative minds think alike! I love that! :)

moonlitfantaseas said...

clever idea!
just wanted to let you know I recieved your book in the mail today! thank you so much, it looks like there is lots of inspiration in your book! I will enjoy trying out the projects!

Almost Precious said...

Wow, your Dad is quite a guy to design something so pretty and useful using beads and jewelry findings. I know if my hubby designed something for me the parts would all come from our local hardware store. :D

Shai Williams said...

You come by your creativity naturally.