Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Beads for Decopauging!

The subject of decopauging on beads came up again recently so I thought I would share a few great picks to use for this purpose.

The amethyst squares were purchased for the purpose of decopauging, but the actual candy wrapper that was going to be used on these was too big.

For some reason that was enough to stall that particular operation...Yes, I know it would have been easy to scan and re-size
the image, but for some reason it lost its spark.

I was just thinking a few minutes ago while looking at this great mother of pearl pendant it might actually be cute with a picture of my book cover :) OR some really beautiful decorative paper with goldtone accents.

I think I have some that would work perfectly!


The purple round, which might also be dyed mother of pearl would provide the perfect background for a photo of your flower garden! What a fun way to show off your green thumb.

I'd love to hear about your experiences with decopauging on beads if you wouldn't mind sharing!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds cool Lisa, but I don't know how to do that. Do you know of any online instructions for creating them? Thanks!

Almost Precious said...

So many cool crafts to do and so little time to do them in. LOL Funny how a lot of techniques lend themselves so well to the art of jewelry design and making.
Though I've not tried my hand at the craft of decopauging it does sound like fun...I mean paper and glue are great to work with so what's not to like ? :D

ps...I like where your ideas are going on that white MOP pendant. Bet that one will be a heart stopper.

TesoriTrovati said...

Great idea! I just gave away a bunch of discs like this to a friend who started beading... at 88 years young! Now I see that I would have had alternatives with them! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Ellen said...

I found some large round MOP pendants last year on vacation and they have worked great for decopauging....a blank canvas! Have fun!