Monday, March 7, 2011

In Search of...

Have you ever bought a special bead and down the road wondered WHY DIDN'T I BUY MORE THAN ONE???!!!

Well, me too! I have been searching online for this butterfly bead and found just about every other butterfly bead except this one!! I did find it on Ebay in a piece of jewelry made by another jewelry designer...

I suppose I could try contacting that person, but I'm thinking that might be a little rude.

Hmm...

You might be wondering why this bead has to be EXACTLY the same. The answer is, I guess it doesn't, but for some reason it seems to have more meaning to me. I made this bracelet when I was doing a book signing at a bead store last year.

It was such a GREAT day and I was hanging out with the owner, staff and customers and one of them was making a chakra bracelet.

The theory is wearing these specific gems in this specific order can help to align your chakras.

Of course, I found it necessary to make one of my own!! Any opportunity to bead with others makes me very happy!

This bracelet has a great vibe and I would like to make more of them! I did discover that the swarovski bicones need to be switched out with real crystal gemstones, so I'm getting ready to restring this one.

So, if you happen to see this butterfly bead, please let me know!! THANK YOU!!

7 comments:

Patricia JL said...

Ugh, that happens to me all the time. Sometimes I buy all the beads on the shelf just to make sure I get them all and don't have to worry about running out!

Unknown said...

When I saw the butterfly, I thought "it looks like one I have." But alas, it is not. The one I have is the same color and very simlar looking,but is not center drilled like yours. Mine has it's holes in the tips of the wings. And I can't begin to tell you how many times I've thought the same thing about not buying more of a certain one or too many of another.

Holly said...

I've thought that so many times too! I work for Cousin (a jewelry making supplier) and sorry to say we don't carry that bead! :( I was hoping to find it! Happy hunting, can't wait to read more of your posts

coolmoon said...

Do you want the same color? I have a couple of them. I think mine came from FMG....but they come in a lot of colors that THEY choose, so you can't pick your colors.
I have 2 listed in my Etsy shop-http://www.etsy.com/listing/63899353/mixed-stone-carved-butterfly-pendant
You're welcome. :0)

WTF Store said...

I think that butterfly makes a great focal for a chakra! Good luck with your hunt!

Lisa Crone said...

Thanks everyone!! Holly, I think you must have the best job in the world!! Great website, by the way! :)

BooBeads said...

I have three of these and would be willing to part with one of them for you.

Color is the same and as far as I can tell the carving is near exact. Mine look to have a bit more detail carved in the wings and body, but those three little circles in the tops of the wings are there.

Mine are center drilled as well.