Friday, March 18, 2011

Featured Designer: Mandy of Beads for Brains

Happy Friday!!

I am very pleased to share a "new" beader with you tonight. I was so impressed when I came across Mandy's blog, "Beads for Brains" recently.

First of all, the tag line of her blog reads,"365 days of a beginning beader's self-taught lessons".

HOW COOL!

Rather than explain to you what she is doing on her blog, here is Mandy's actual profile:

"I read about this great book called, "365: Make Something Everyday and Change Your Life!", by Noah Scalin and thought it was a fabulous idea. I really wanted to do this for several reasons, one is that I never stick to anything for very long, and two I wanted to increase my creativity, and three I wanted to do something to improve myself in some way. The book says to pick a theme, any theme, and do something creative with it every day for a year to see where you land. I've decided to teach myself bead weaving using books and the internet. I just started beading about 3 months ago when I took one class at a local bead shop (Thanks Kathy and Jo at Beadsoup in Savage, MD!), and I was hooked from the start.

Hopefully 365 days from now I will be at the least a capable beader, or at the most something better. :-)

Bead on! Mandy"

I know you are all now appropriately impressed too!! That is such an exciting thing to do, I just love it and enjoy reading through Mandy's posts to see what she has learned!

Today is day 66 for Mandy so I have posted her latest project as well as her St. Patrick's day project!

Thanks so much Mandy for allowing me to share! :)

5 comments:

Anindita Basu said...

How inspiring, and what a good idea. Thanks for posting this. Dita

coolmoon said...

Glad to have another beader on board. Message for Mandy: I've been beading just about everyday for 365 days TIMES 18 years! After you've been beading that long, you will probably STILL love it, and at the same time be frustrated with at least one of the stitches you've set out to accomplish. I'm STILL frustrated by bead crochet, even after several attempts - and I'm a crocheter!
Good luck, Mandy, and HAVE fun! There are Sooooo many wonderful beading projects out there. Hope you branch out into an original design someday too! So gratifying to branch out and be original. Bead happy!

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

How fun and so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Donna@soakinginmustard.com said...

Thanks Lisa, I enjoyed meeting Mandy and L-O-V-E the make something everyday idea!
Peace,
Donna

Almost Precious said...

It is ambitious, to do something each day for 365 days is quite a goal to strive for.
I think I suffer from AADD (Adult Attention Deficit Disorder) as I have trouble focusing on anything for any length of time. Like exercising, started a new regime which lasted all of one day...3 months ago! :(
Oh well, maybe I'll start it up again...tomorrow. :)