Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tubes of 11/0 Beads


Hello! The work week will soon be coming to a close (yay)! After the last few shorter weeks, working all 5 days is a bit of a transition!!

These beads are the last of my recent shopping trip. The idea behind them was to use them as a band on a one strand memory wire bracelet, using the "bowling balls" as the focal bead for a sweet and simple piece. The two smaller tubes are TOHO beads: "round dyed rainbow grey" and "hexagon silver lined metallic slate". The larger tube is a "brown iris" seed bead mix by Blue Moon beads.

I've made a few attempts, but I think the bowling ball beads need something on either side to set them off a little more. I tried a 6mm swarovski bicone, but that was too large. I'm going to try a tiny little 3mm bicone to see if that is more in proportion with the beads. I still like the idea and when I finally get it to my satisfaction, I'll share it with you in case you are interested.

I hope you are all planning to do some crafting this weekend!! The silver lining to a wintery weekend is no guilt for spending hours crafting! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you always high light such different beads, but I never expected seed beads. I never work in seed beads, except perhaps as spacers between other beads-----I guess they are just too tiny for me! Teri Twitter: Teri_B
http://sandtcreations.etsy.com
http://www.sandtcreations.com/wordpress