Tuesday, January 6, 2009

99¢ Cuff Bracelet


Hello! I hope you are not getting tired of looking at all the cool stuff I was able to buy with a gift card at Michael's!!

This cuff bracelet with snaps was in the clearance bin for 99 cents!!! Now that's a bargain and could not be passed up. I kind of like it just as it is, but as a beader, of course I must embellish it in some way!

I am a fan of dangles in all shapes and sizes and am thinking about using some of my most interesting beads, even a few of the "odd" ones! I don't think one or two dangles will work, this one will probably need to be taken to the extreme. Interesting shapes and textures dangling from the entire silver ring would be like wearing a treasure trove!! I don't think you will want to see the silver ring when it's finished, so it will not be exactly clear how the giant bauble of treasures is actually attached.

I've never made something like that before and now am excited to give it a try! I love looking at books with jewelry made from found objects and I know I have plenty of interesting things to use. I'll keep you posted.

Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Carole said...

I love found object jewelry!

I'll be interested to see what you do with the cuff. You did well with your gift card!

Btw, the turtle picture at my blog, that was frost crystals edging the metal. I thought it looked kind of cool so I took a picture. lol

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you create!