Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tassel of Beads

I recently purchased this "tassel" of beads because a friend mentioned she would love to have something colorful hanging from her purse and thought something "like a curtain tassel" would be fun. She had just found a designer bag in a second hand store that was in great condition. A large, but cute pink bag that reminded me of a carpet bag with chains for handles and a pink heart hanging from it.

It suits her personality perfectly which is large and in charge, but also cute and sparkly. After giving it a bit of thought I had to agree some additional sparkle couldn't hurt. I want to make something fun for her that she can't help but smile about.

I found this tassel of beads at Joann's and carried it over to the curtain tassel aisle. The edges of the bag look slightly purplish, so I thought the tassel below would be fun to embellish.

I do enjoy "sewing" with beads, so I am thinking of using some 4mm crystals or even some nice toho beads to sew in a swirling pattern around the top of the tassel. I'd like to figure out a way to use the pink tassel and also add some additional strands of beads hanging around the outer edges.

As always, let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your ideas!! Have a good one! For those of you in the snow belt, I encourage you to take a personal "snow day" tomorrow like I am and do some crafting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm "idea-less" tonight but a snow day? What a great idea with this stuff we're getting tonight!!

Can't wait to see what you create with the tassel!