Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Beaded Doggies


I think you could call these whimsical beaded doggies, "beaded beads". Once the pieces are complete, they can be used as beads on a necklace, pin, earrings or bracelet.

I made the wooden dogs quite a few years ago and just happened to come back across them. I still wear the doggie necklace on occasion.

The crystal dog was just made within the last year. I was playing around with some clear AB swarovski crystals and remembered the old wooden dogs which made me want to give crystals a try. I discovered it was necessary to change the construction because only one head pin would fit through the beads. The original design used headpins going in both directions through the same bead.

Let me know what you think!! Have a good one!

1 comment:

Lissie said...

Really lovely little dogs! Nice work! :9