Monday, January 5, 2009

Bowling Balls


Today's beads are another strand from Michael's that I picked up during my recent gift card shopping trip. They were not on sale, but I had to have them. I loved the variety of colors and upon close inspection, they reminded me of a row of balls at the bowling alley. It's been a while since I have been bowling, but I always loved the pretty and colorful ones. Especially the ones that had a marbelized effect.

These 10mm beads would make a nice focal piece using a handful of contrasting colors with just a tiny 3mm bicone between them for some sparkle. Add a 6mm crystal on either side and finish with just about any color gemstone chip for the rest of the band. I'm thinking bracelet...

These are just large enough to use as a single focal bead on a choker with an 11/0 metallic seed bead for the rest of the necklace...very subtle.

I hope you are having a great week so far!!

1 comment:

Carole said...

I have some of those. I love the colors.