Friday, January 21, 2011

Featured Designer: Allison of Monkeys Always Look!

Happy Weekend Everyone!! Yay, we made it!! :)

Since I have been talking about metal stamping this week, I thought it would be fun to feature another stamping artist! Allison, of the etsy shop "Monkeys Always Look", has definitely carved out a little niche here for herself.

When she was interviewed as one of the featured Etsy artists, she said, "rules are meant to be broken and making art is where breaking the rules is rewarded. I am happier than I have ever been and it is because I have found my little niche in the world where I can be myself, make stuff...If that is what an artist is, then count me in!"

I just love Allison's sparkling attitude! I think that is what sets apart the seekers from the finders. She knew what she wanted and put fear aside and jumped in! Very exciting!

Allison's etsy header reads, "Home of the Original Vintage Silverware Garden Markers, Organic Nature Inspired Sterling Silver, Copper and Brass Jewelry and everything else you never knew you needed but can't live without".

Now, I have to tell you it was not easy picking a few things to show here!!

LOVE IT all!

If you would like to checkout more of Allison's work, you can find her on Facebook, her blog and Twitter!

Thanks a bunch Allison for allowing me to share your work!!

5 comments:

Suz said...

Very nice work! I adore that first pendant!

Suz

Unknown said...

The fox is to cute:o)

Dawn Doucette said...

How cute! I love the "All you need is love" spoon... ya know, a spoonful of love goes a long, long way! :)

Love this feature Lisa! Hope you are staying snuggly!

{Hugs!}

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

That first necklace is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

allison cecil said...

Thank you so much for the lovely write up! It is an honor to be included in your blog!