Monday, January 3, 2011

Dreaming & Doing

Today's beads are swarovski air-blue opals...ahhhh! When I look at these beads, the words that come to mind are heavenly or dreamy! And again, I have to make this sound..ahhhh!  I just can't help myself! 

I have used these beads in the past to make a dreamy pendant and ring.

I chose these beads for today's post because I just learned of another great social gathering place that I wanted to share. It is very possible that you all know about this already, but if you don't, it is worth mentioning!!

Martha Stewart's website has a community section called "Dreamers into Doers". The best part of this site is that it provides a place for creative people to share their stories of how they turned their dream into a business!!

AND, it comes as no surprise that these successful crafty people are always so giving and willing to encourage others to follow in their footsteps!! I LOVE that about the creative community! It must just be part of the genetic makeup of crafty types!!

From what I have seen so far, it looks like a nice place to make connections and find inspiration!

5 comments:

Oh Let There Be Food said...

I am always drawn to those they are beautiful.

Cathryn said...

Absolutely one of my favorites!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

I have to agree with your thoughts about the generous natures of crafters. As a painter and jewelry-maker I am part of many creative communities and, to a person, I have found all of these wonderful people to be among the most generous, friendly and accepting people on the planet. When artists gather, I find that petty differences disappear and acceptance is not withheld as easily as it is in other groups. I think there is something inherent in the personalities of most artists that draws them to art and other artists.

I have been "given the gift" of being able to spot another artist after very little time being around them and knowing nothing of them before meeting them. I think my husband thinks it is some sort of spooky gift, anyway! For example, while exploring Death Valley last year, we drove past a woman laying prostrate on the ground and taking a photo of a majestic view through a single flower. I told my husband, I bet she is an artist. We came upon her at the next parking area and I asked her if she was an artist. She said yes, how did you know? I told her about having seen her laying on the ground and she said "well, ya gotta have a foreground in a painting, ya know!" We talked amiably for about ten minutes and when we parted she gave me a big hug and said it was so nice to meet a kindred soul while traveling.

I live in an upscale retirement community ( we got in early, before the prices zoomed!)among people who have led very financially rewarding lives. When I am among our active artist groups here I have noticed that all financial barriers disappear and we all are just artists, not who has the most money and "things". Art and creativity are great levelers.

I am not sure what made me so wordy this morning, but I have found that there is something different, in a very good way, about those who listen to their creative souls.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

These beads are just gorgeous! I hadn't seen them before so what a treat. Happy New Year Lisa! Thank you for putting together this wonderful blog where creative people from all disciplines can connect and share their ideas. I loved reading Susan's post. She is right, there is something special about people who listen to their creative souls. I must say, I am proud to be one and proud to have met so many others that do like you!

Lisa Crone said...

Wow Susan! Thank you so much for your great comment. I've read it over a couple of times and feel so grateful to have you in my blog world!