Saturday, October 17, 2009

This Week's Project: Zen Stone Bracelet

Before I mention this week's project, I wanted to share something special with you that I have been working on for the last year and a half. I had a miraculous moment of inspiration AND confidence strike at the same! An idea came to me that I wanted to share with my fellow beaders. It occurred to me that one way to do that would be to put the ideas into a book.

It is my pleasure to announce that I will have a book coming out sometime around December '09 or January 2010. I will be mentioning more about this as things progress, but for now, the final edits have been completed and it has been sent to print. Yay! This has been a wonderfully surreal experience and one that I can't wait to share!

Now, getting back to this week's project... I bought Monday's calming matte stone bead for the purpose of making something for my co-worker that she could remove easily for the purpose of enjoying its calming zen qualities.

I used stretchy cord and just clear swarovski bicones or flowers in between them so it wouldn't distract from the stones. I had thought about using just one stone for the focal bead, but once I got started, it seemed important to have them go all the way around the wrist.

I was surprised to find this bracelet has a bit of an art deco look to it on the wrist which makes it extra cool! The more I handle these stones, the more I like them. They do have a warmth to them that you don't get with polished stones. Nice! (Yes, I made one for myself too....)

There were some great ideas left on Monday's post about using one of these stones in a simple pendant which I'll be doing tomorrow. (Thank you for the inspiration!)

I hope you are all having a nice and crafty weekend!! :)

14 comments:

Davinia said...

Congratulations on your up and coming book Lisa. Very exciting news.The Zen bracelet is lovely, and I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive it.

Just A Tish said...

YAY!! I can't wait for the book!!
Where will it be available??

I love this bracelet! I am a huge fan of blackstone and in this matte finish it is fabulous!

flyingbeader said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

TheBeadedCarpet.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations! Do we get a brief outline of what's in it? Pretty please.

TheBeadedCarpet.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to hear more about your book!

SimpsonS said...

What a great bracelet. I am sure your friend will LOVE IT!!!

Congratulations on your book. What an amazing accomplishment. I can't wait to get it!

Swapna said...

Congratulations on your book !
I will definitely be amongst the first ones to pre order it ,will be waiting for it !

Cheers,
Swapna

Susan Marling said...

Congratulations about the new book coming out-how exciting!! I love the braclet - I am always drawn to smooth stones and would like to do something like that sometime. I am sure your coworker will love it!!

Lisa Crone said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much!! :)

Azure Accessories said...

Congratulations on your book...I can't wait to purchase it!!!

Love the bracelet...it is a me bracelet the kind I like to wear!!!

Cheers

Jeannie said...

Lisa, that's great! Congratulations on your book.

The bracelet does have a zen-like quality.

TesoriTrovati said...

A book? How exciting! I can't wait to hear more about this!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

antique engagement rings said...

Oh ,that is a fun piece. Love the design and the color combo - divine. Screams summer to me! And I'm so looking forward to that season!