Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blue Stick-Like Glass beads

Today's bead is from Michael's, and as I mentioned yesterday, is part of a project I am working on to make a piece of jewelry representative of a beautiful handmade card I received recently.

This tubular bead looks a bit like stick coral, but is actually made of glass. The interesting thing is that the hole is not length-wise through the bead, but is straight through the middle, how cool!

I can imagine how cute these would be lined up on a strand of beading wire in the form of a bracelet and sticking out of the sleeve of a black suit. That would be a nice surprise of color!

7 comments:

Just A Tish said...

These are very interesting, can't wait to see what your inspiration brings!

What am I missing with your MyCraftivityStore button at the top? is it a place you are selling things? is it a place you support? I have stopped by briefly and seen some nice things.

Susan Marling said...

You must have an awesome Michael's where you live - you are always showing neat things from them. I never see things like that at my Michael's!!Can't wait to see what you do with them - love the color.

Anonymous said...

I love them! They totally look like blue coral. Very reminiscent of the ocean.

It will be interesting to design with these, with having the hole in the middle. Would make a cool necklace, too!

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

flyingbeader said...

Those do look like the blue beads from your card. I think though with a smattering of turquoise size 11 seed beads they'd make a great addition to mermaid hair.
dot

Tammy said...

I might have to see if my Michaels have those. I love that color!

belvedere beads said...

very interesting beads - the do look like blue coral. i make glass beads and am really at a loss as to how these were done. fascinating.

Azure Accessories said...

Love the color...there's that ocean theme again!!!

These would be great used in a bracelet!!!

Cheers