Saturday, October 24, 2009

Birthday Greeting Turned Bracelet

Earlier in the week I mentioned I had received a very special handmade card from a friend/co-worker who is also a stampin' up representative.

She is very talented and extremely detail oriented. Her cards are always beautiful AND heart-felt.

Considering all of the many things she has going on in her life such as work, real estate business, grandchildren and stampin-up, she made the time to create a birthday card for me!

That makes me feel so special!! She was also extremely generous to include a Michael's gift card! Wow!

I immediately thought I'd love to find a way to remember this in the form of a piece of jewelry.

I thought it would be a nice reminder of the lengths a friend went to just for me. Carrying around that special feeling would be comforting.

I took the card to Michael's and looked for beads with similar colors. I had no idea until earlier this evening what I was actually trying to make.

After a number of other ideas I remembered I had a sterling plated cuff with holes for "sewing" on beads. I just started sewing! I thought this was certainly unique and sweetly representative of this wonderful gift.

I hope you are all having crafty weekends out there too! See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Davinia said...

What lovely idea. The cuff bracelet is gorgeous.

Azure Accessories said...

Great idea...I just love it when something jumps out me....

The bracelet it lovely...I'm sure you will think of your friend when you wear it!

Cheers

Mikki said...

Lisa...I think you totally captured the vibe of the card...great job, as usual!

Just A Tish said...

Get out!!! that is fantastic!!!!

The Beading Gem said...

A gorgeous card and the icing on the birthday cake has to be that cuff. Beautiful inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the cuff! It is absolutely gorgeous! WOW! You really captured to colors in a way that is stunning! Your friend should be flattered that she inspired such a fantastic piece!

In Beads and Happiness,
Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Lisa Crone said...

Thank you so much, this was a lot of fun to create!! I highly recommend getting one of these cuffs with the holes in it. The possibilities are truly endless!

Jeannie said...

OH SNAP LISA, This is magnificent! The colors, the design. Can you tell us where you got the cuff?

Regina said...

Beautiful! certainly a very special friend. Happy belated birthday.

Lisa Crone said...

Hi there! Just wanted to mention I found these cuffs on the firemountaingems.com catalog. :)