Friday, October 2, 2009

Featured Designer: Creative Treasures by Donna

If you have ever featured another jewelry maker or designer on your blog, you have probably experienced the "ahh" moment when you come across work that makes you nod and smile or makes your eyes pop open wider bringing an exclamation of "wow"!

I had that experience again recently when I came across the jewelry pieces of this week's featured designer, Donna, of Creative Treasures.

Her Etsy site reads: Creative Treasures - Handmade Sterling Silver and Copper Jewelry. She makes the most beautiful pins and brooches using wire, gemstones and lampwork beads.

There is something about these pieces that are both elegant and earthy. Each of these pieces seems to strike a perfect balance.

Donna's work inspires me to want to continue learning and is a great reminder of the importance of allowing self expression in designs. I'm so glad she allowed me to feature her here today. Enjoy!!

By the way, you can find Donna on her blog, Etsy site, 1000 markets, Facebook and Twitter.

10 comments:

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

I agree! Love the earthy nature of the designs!

Lucia said...

ough lovely jewelry!!!

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Lisa, thank you so much for featuring me today! I feel so honored to be chosen to be featured on your blog.

I love making brooches or lapel pins. The wire seems to take on a life of it's own. I just let it go and see what turns out.

Thank you again!
Donna

Veganosaurus said...

Donna is a very talented artist. I'm a huge fan of her pins! :)

Azure Accessories said...

Wonderful work, talented artist!

Cheers

Nathalie Girard - Canadian Rockies Art said...

Great feature! I looooove Donna's pins and brooches, as well as all the other lovely jewelry she makes (I'm the proud owner of a few pairs of earrings made by her).

Beautiful work!

Cindys Art + Soul said...

Great feature! I love Donna's pins and the rest of her jewelry as well! Those pin are inspiring- I know exactly what you mean. I am in awe too! :) And she's a super nice person too!

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Thank you everyone! It was very kind of Lisa to feature me. Thank you Lisa! :)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

You are right about Donna's work being the perfect balance of elegant and earthy! I love her work!

Orion Designs said...

Donna's pins are amazing. Her workmanship and attention to detail are unmatched!