Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bead Coolness Factor

I have to admit that I am eclectic by nature and am influenced by mood, environment or other people. One day I might be completely in love with something elegant and crystally and the next, something earthy and simple.

I was drawn to today's bead for its "coolness" factor! Of course, everyone's definition of "cool" is different and could even change from day to day.

On the day I saw these beads, I was thinking cool flared jeans, flip collar blouse, crisp casual tailored jacket, high heeled boots and sunglasses. On another day, "cool" could mean grungy flats, zippered hooded sweatshirt and aloof attitude.

I thought these beads were perfectly cool in any situation! They remind me of ID bracelets and I thought it was great that they were already linked together with jump rings. The bead fits perfectly across the top of the wrist and some of them even have a little bend to them for a comfortable fit!

I wonder how many different definitions there are of "cool" and whether this bead could be transformed to be perfectly cool in any scenario.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your ideas for making this into something "cool"!

Oh, by the way, these beads were also perfectly priced. I'm thinking they might have been $3. And that's pretty cool too! Thanks to Rings & Things!

12 comments:

Made by SwirlyGirl said...

Well, I agree that they are very "cool"! Don't have any ideas for you, but would love to see what you end up doing with them!
Laurie
http://madebyswirlygirl.blogspot.com

Azure Accessories said...

I like the ID bracelet idea...that is what came to mind when I first saw them...or depending on how long they are they could be earrings with a crystal dangling at the bottom...or part of a longer length necklace, maybe some pearls, crystals, chain, and these rectangles all mixed together???

What ever you come up with it will be great!

Cheers

Nancy said...

Oooohhh... I do like these! Ideas for them? Ha! I'm brain dead! :o)

flyingbeader said...

Hummm...interesting beads. First off, I'd take off the jump rings. I think I'd lay them side by side & using seed beads & crystals, attach them to each other. Find a big organic looking button for the clasp with some more crystals & seed beads, and funky cool bracelet.

Just A Tish said...

You are too cool for school :)

i would take one, use the jump ring to hang i from a chain, and in the bottom hole, put a jump ring and hang chanms from it, crystals, freshwater pearls, a pewter charm shaped like sunglasses.

yeah.....

IzzyGumbo said...

These are wonderful beads and whatever you come up with will be beautiful :) I enjoyed reading your blog here, keep up the great work!
Smiles,
Izzy

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, there are some GREAT ideas here!! I could really visualize each of them. Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

Kokopelli said...

Those are definitely cool! Hm, what about making a bracelet and substituting one of the mop beads by a id tag in the same shape with something stamped on? Like a name or an inspirational word?
I'm very much like you when it comes to "cool". One of the latest beads with a high cool factor were some purple dyed Brazilian agate beads, diagonally drilled rectangles, which I bought during my Venice trip last month. If you like, check them out on my blog. They're just.......cool!

Jeannie said...

I would leave as is and attach turquoise beads or crystals to the jump rings
Cool Find!

Cyndi L said...

I agree with you Lisa...cool is whatever I happen to think it is at the moment ;-) These are definitely cool beads by any definition. They might look really interesting with flatbacks glued to them too.

Lorelei Eurto said...

Those ARE super cool! I love the color of them, and that low price is a STEAL!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Oh, those are cool! And who can beat that price? I'll be interested to see what you do with them!