Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fascinating Facets!

I was first drawn to the colors of this very long strand of 8mm glass faceted beads, but I loved them even more when I got a close up look at the facets.

I'm not sure the effect comes through in the photo, but up close and in person, it's like a party of colorful disco balls!

With the holiday season fast approaching, I was thinking it would be great to pull all the reds for a project, the blues, clears, etc.

However, the more I look at this strand and feel the fun vibe of the colorful mix, I am thinking they would make a festive piece all together.

Hmm....this is the kind of brainstorming that makes my head happy! What do you think?

7 comments:

Davinia said...

I think they'd look lovely kept together. It's great to have options though, isn't it.

Lucia said...

wooow...i love the color :)

Jeannie said...

I think the facets are called chessbroad. They're beautiful.

Azure Accessories said...

Great combo of beads...I would like to see all the colors used for one piece...

Cheers

Swapna Marathe said...

Ohh, they would make for some lovely long multi strand necklace !

Anonymous said...

What fun beads! I have some like this in gold. They remind me of disco balls.

They would be a great chunky bracelet. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

-Suzann Sladcik Wilson

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

Beautiful! I say keep them all together, randomly (if that makes sense).