Thursday, October 29, 2009

If Only Glass Leaf Beads Fell From the Trees...

I was just envisioning the yard and driveway covered in glass bead leaves. If that was the case, my husband would be thrilled because I'd be out there sweeping and raking up instead of him! :)

He wouldn't be able to use the lawn vacuum though and that would be a bummer!

I LOVE maple trees and appreciate them for the shade they provide us in the summer time and the gorgeous greenery!
Our street probably looks exactly as the architects planned it out in the 1950's....lined with maple trees as far as the eye can see.

What kind of tree would shed glass bead leaves? A Glass bead tree? Okay, I'm having a little too much fun imagining all the cool beads appearing in the yard every day! :)

I hope you are having a great week!!

4 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

A beautiful bead ... and wouldn't it be nice if there was a money tree, too! I used to live back in the woods with lots of Beech, Hickory, and Oak trees. OMG -- the leaves!

Pearl and Pebble said...

This is a wonderful bead! I love the amber color. It looks like frozen maple syrup which is so very apropos!

Jeannie said...

Great imagination Lisa.

I imagine a tree that looks something like a weeping willow tree and the branches are so far bend from the weight of the glass beads(all in fall colors)that the tips of the branches are sweeping the ground.
AHHHHHHHHHH, if only.

Azure Accessories said...

Love the color of that bead...I'm thinking of a stately Blue Spruce, I know they don't shed much but the needles could be wonderful pieces of sterling or fine silver...

Cheers