Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bead Show Adventure

Hello! I'm saving my project of the week for tomorrow so I could show a few pictures of the Rings & Things bead show I attended yesterday.

This is the first I have been to and was in awe of the large inventory! The R&T's team sure seemed to have it down to a science.

I contemplated showing you all my beads at once, but for today, I wanted to show you one of the special strands I bought.

I have looked at strands similar to this one at local bead shops, but for some reason I just wouldn't allow myself to buy them.

When I saw this strand of Red Cubic Zirconia sparkling under the bright lights yesterday, I knew I had to have them!!

Most of the beads at the show were marked at the retail price, which means you first take 50% off to get to the wholesale price and then an additional bead show reduction of 15%.

So.....at that price, I would have been foolish to pass them up!

I love having these pictures of the mounds of beads so I can look at them all over again.
When you are actually there in person, it can be a little overwhelming when your brain kicks into design overdrive and the entire plan you came with has been thrown out the window!

I hope you are all having a great weekend and getting a little beading in! :)

9 comments:

jodi said...

Oh, it looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see what you do with all those goodies.

TesoriTrovati said...

Motherlode! I went to my first R&T bead show in Milwaukee in 2008. It was incredible. I would love to go back, but I have yet to use all the things that I have purchased that long ago! It is amazing the variety and the volume that they stock on these shows. And the prices? Swoon! Great haul! Can't wait to see what you do with them! Enjoy the day! Erin

Anonymous said...

We don't have a local bead store, our closest is 2 hours away in Vegas. The thing is when you aren't around all those gorgeous beads regularly it can be overwhelming. When I go bead shopping in Vegas or to a bead show I have to make a list of what I want otherwise I end up buying nothing because my mind goes 'blue screen'.

Unkn own said...

Lisa, I bet you had a great time looking at all the beads. I would get totally overwhelmed by all the choices and lose sight of all the ideas I had when I walked into the bead show. I can’t wait to see the treasures you found and the lovely pieces you will design. Take care.

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

How fun that must have been! I, too, am anxious to see your goodies. The pictures are awesome!

Davinia said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by and so glad you liked my earings. I get overwhelmed in my local bead store, so I don't know how I'd be at a big bead show. Love all your purchases and look forward to seeing your creations.

Azure Accessories said...

Wow...looks as though you had a good time...

I've never been to a large show and we don't have a bead shop in my city...the few times I've gone to Toronto I spent hours and hours trying to decide what I wanted!!!

Enjoy!
Cheers

Just A Tish said...

so jealous right now!! to run my hands thru all those strands!! i can't wait to see what all you got!

Silver Parrot said...

I love the Rings 'N Things shows. Awesome selection AND awesome prices. Looks like you got some great stuff.