Friday, October 9, 2009

Featured Designer: Deez News

Here we are, Friday night!! Yay! For me, it's a 3 day weekend thanks to a state holiday on Monday, Columbus Day. I plan to make the most of my time crafting!!!

And now....it's time for our featured designer spotlight!

I came across "Deez News" from reading Dawno's weekly post from around the blogosphere. When I saw her earrings made with grungeboard and wallpaper samples, I really flipped! (Sorry, been watching too much of the Patty Duke show)!

One of my most favorite things to do is incorporate a craft into jewelry making. Anything with cutting and gluing makes me happy.
Davinia of Deez News wrote that she cut all the discs out with her cuttlebug which went through them like butter!
Because they are so light, making big bold designs isn't a problem as they won't drag down your earlobe to the top of your shoulder.

I hope you will take a few minutes to visit her blog and take a quick peek!! I am SO INSPIRED by this unique and creative idea!!
Thanks a million Davinia!:)

6 comments:

ohdawno said...

I am so happy that I was able to "introduce" you to Davinia - isn't her work completely cool? Thanks for the mention, but especially thanks for sharing Davinia as your Featured Designer today - it's a wonderful thing that you do this each week.

Davinia said...

Thanks so much Lisa for featuring me today on your blog. Such a thrill for me, and gratitude to Dawn who features me on her Blog roundup each week. It's wonderful to get feedback on my designs and to know people (other than family) get what I do. Once again sincerest thanks Lisa.

Kokopelli said...

This technique is perfect for big, bold earring designs, one can't achieve with glass or other heavy beads. Thanks for sharing Davinia's work with us! Cool!

Linda said...

wonderful unique style for bold earrings

The Beading Gem said...

It's a three day weekend for us too (Canadian Thanksgiving) so this post is really inspiring to get my creative juices going!

Azure Accessories said...

Wonderful work...some people are just so creative!!!

Happy Columbus Day!!!

Cheers