Wednesday, October 28, 2009

CZ Teardrop Pendant

This Cubic Zirconia (CZ) Ruby Teardrop Pendant is 14x9mm. In real life, the ruby color comes through, but with just a hint of orange. The color I was looking for actually seemed a little darker rusty/orangy red in my mind, but I thought these were very pretty and made a nice bold statement.

A friend of mine had purchased a pair of earrings on vacation that were made using a variety of fall colored beads twisted on gold thread with a redish/orangy briolette hanging from the bottom of each earring.

I am working on gathering the pieces and parts because one of the briolettes came off, so I thought I'd start over and try to make something reminiscent of the earrings she bought, but with my own twist keeping her in mind.

So, keeping her in mind, I think the beads need to be just a little bit more bold to match her personality :)... of course I mean that in a GOOD way!

These CZ teardrops are actually intended to be used as pendants which meant they were a little more expensive than I would have expected to pay for just the beads, BUT sometimes you have to go with the way the wind blows and believe that something even better is in store!

These are packaged on individual cards by Halcraft USA, Inc. These came from one of the larger craft stores, but I'm afraid I can't remember which one, either Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

I hope to post a finished pair in the near future :)

2 comments:

Azure Accessories said...

Very pretty...I know what you mean, it is often hard to catch the correct color and sparkle when taking photos of beads...

Perfect colors for this time of the year...
Cheers

Reet said...

Very nice..you know m not too much into jewelry..i don't like to wear jewelry at all but for this time and for this ruby pendant i am planing to start wearing jewelry...