Monday, October 5, 2009

Sharing the Bead Love 2

As I was shopping at Friday's Rings & Things bead show, I came across these 18x25mm rectangular "striped mother of pearl" beads and of course my first thought was, "like so totally 80's"!

I'm not sure anyone else would agree. After giving this some deep thought, I would at least say these are some kind of updated version of a 1980's style. However, many of the designs from the 80's were sort of updated/revised versions of art deco style from the 30's.

Yep, something old is new again! :) The art deco vibe comes through so much more because of the mother of pearl. So, as the title reads, I wanted to share some of the bead love.

I'd love to split these up into groups of 5 beads to send them to the first 4 people who email me here: abeadaday@sbcglobal.net with their name and mailing address.

I have a couple other surprise beads that will be thrown in as well just for fun! Do you happen to remember that old commercial from the 1970's about sharing? It seems like it went something like this: That's the way it is, truly, uly, uly is, so whatcha gonna do today? I think I'll share!

Oh my goodness, I just googled that and why this surprises me I don't know. Of course, it's out on You tube for anyone looking for a trip down memory lane... I have to admit, this little song has stayed with me for many years!

Have a good one!

11 comments:

ClickNCamera said...

What fun to see these beads on your post! I bought these at the renaissance bead show in my home town...Great giveaway!

Just A Tish said...

OMG yes I remember that commercial! these beads are some awesomeness fur sure!

Azure Accessories said...

Great beads...

I don't remember that commercial...maybe because I'm Canadian???

Cheers

Dave Robertson said...

I don't remember that commercial but it's part of a "do good" genre that was all over the airwaves then, huh? Like Davey and Goliath :)

--Davey
(Dave) at Rings & Things

Whimsical Kelly said...

I came *this* close to buying a strand of those beads at the R&T show on Saturday! I really liked the red ones.

Lisa Crone said...

Dave, you are so right! Davey & Goliath are great! Our dollar store has them all on DVD. In fact, I might have a couple duplicates if you are interested!

The Dixon Chick said...

Hi Lisa,

Great minds think alike! I bought those beads from them in Milwaukee along with snakeskin beads!!!

ThisThisAndThat said...

Lisa

Thank you so very much for "Sharing the Bead Love 2", the beautiful beads arrived today and all the goodies have made my day, week and month. Needed a little to cheer me up, and they certainly did the job. Your a real jewel.

jill

Mistressmybae said...

Thanks so much for the link to the YouTube for Jot! My husband and I have been looking for this commercial for years!

Lisa Crone said...

Hi michele, how funny, I was just talking about that one again last week!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find the commercial on YouTube, but Google brought me here. Thanks for the flashback!

I'll also pass the link on to someone I know of who is REALLY into beading.