Monday, May 30, 2011

Jewelry that Begins with a Photo

I have been waiting to share this project with you until all the rain showers and ups and downs of spring weather had subsided. The time has come and I think warm weather is here to stay!

I LOVE having an opportunity to use photos or images in jewelry projects. It was important to me to include a garden gnome project in my jewelry making book, so a photo seemed just the right method.

My family of gnomes were assembled on the deck in the back yard and, hopefully the neighbors weren't paying too much attention, we had a photo shoot!

I have to admit to this turning into a guilty pleasure. Once I had all the gnomes photographed with different backgrounds (yes, really), I discovered my camera had the ability to run them on screen as a slideshow. Here's the best part...the camera added in different types of music. I settled on a classical number and think the humor in this stayed with me for quite some time! :)

I want to share the experience of how this project evolved so on Sunday I can share the final project with instructions, etc.

So, here is the photo it all started with... Tomorrow, the chain and Wednesday, the most important ingredient, the frame! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful posting your gnomes' picture, someone may take him on a world tour!

Paul said...

Hi,

As an artist, I want to share with you how we can force the Chinese government to disclose the whereabouts of Artist Ai Weiwei who is imprisoned without charges.
I found a poll on Qwanz.com " Should cultural exchanges between China and the rest of world be boycotted until the whereabouts and charges against Chinese artist Ai Weiwei are clarified?

If we all answer this, share it on Facebook and Twitter, and then , through the site, send on results, to Elected officials, government agencies and the press, we may be able to create together enough noise and pressure to force the Chinese Government to react.
Please click on http://qwanz.com/headline/international-eventually-by-country/should-cultural-exchanges-between-china-and-the-rest-of-world-be-boycotted-until-the-whereabouts-and-charges-against-chinese-artist-ai-weiwei-are-clarified/
You voice is important. Please help.

Many thanks;

Paul
PS: Don’t forget to share this with all your artists friends