Friday, May 27, 2011

Featured Designer: Davinia of Deez News

Congratulations everyone, it's Friday and for many of us, it's a 3-day holiday weekend, yay!

I stopped over to visit the blog, "Deez News", this evening and when you think about the fact I am in the United States and she is in Australia, all it took was about 1 second to click on her blog to bring up her latest post, THAT is amazing!

Davinia is such a neat person, she is always experimenting with different mediums as a creative outlet and finding a way to work her art into jewelry pieces!!

I was so impressed with her landscape art polymer clay work, I got very excited and could not pass this by without sharing with all of you!! I had to chuckle at the first sentence of her post, "I’ve gone a bit overboard with the landscape thing"!

That cracks me up because that is exactly how I feel when I get in the groove of something. It is truly a gift to be able to get into that almost meditative state....very cool! Then you wake up, look at what you have done and think, "what am I doing with my life, I just spent 4 hours playing with _____"!

Okay, obviously I have been there before myself!! :)

Enjoy! Make sure to check out Davinia's Artfire shop, she mentioned she might be posting some of her new pieces soon!

5 comments:

Davinia said...

Thanks Lisa for featuring me. I'm having so much fun with the Landscape thing....the results are always such a surprise and lend themselves to all kinds of applications.
Have a wonderful and creative weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I bought some clay but not sure what to do with it!

Just A Tish said...

Don't you LOVE her stuff!! I am a huge fan!!!

YAY Davinia!!!!

Be~Jeweled by Jana said...

Divinia is awesome! So talented and such a fun personality!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing her work with us, I am really excited to purchase some and create new jewelry with them!