Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Winner is...

Congratulations to Sally Anderson of the "Wild Sally Road" blog!! Yay! She is the winner of these fabulous enameled treasures created by our author and friend, Barbara Lewis!

I know Sally will have lots of fun incorporating these works of art into jewelry pieces.

I had the pleasure of not only reviewing Barbara's gorgeous book, but she also sent me a few enamel pieces to use myself. What a great experience!

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet and close with an excerpt from "Torch fired enamel jewelry".

"The Japanese have an expression, shibui, which means "happy accident". For me, shibui is when something is perfectly imperfect. It is the triumph of personality over perfection. It is when the pressure is off and we allow ourselves to play without qualification or judgement. It is when things click, when they feel right, and when we have the most intimate connection with our work."

WOW, Barbara, beautifully put and then some!

3 comments:

Almost Precious said...

Yea - Congratulations Sally. I know she's probably already dreaming up some lovely projects to use those beautiful beads in.

DVArtist said...

Congratulations to both of you. Looking forward to seeing what you make with the pieces.
Nicole/Beadwright

xl pharmacy said...

Congrats sally, you indeed have a fantastic site.