Thursday, October 13, 2011

Speaking of Chandeliers...

After talking about swarovski crystal chandeliers yesterday, it reminded me that I received these chandelier earring forms last week as a gift from my Dad. I believe he said he picked these up at Pat Catan's craft store around the Lake Erie area in Ohio, must be the Sandusky location.

I can see the potential for hanging crystals from these wire "Paisley Chandelier" earrings, but I can most see the potential for wire-wrapping these forms with crystals.

Now that I'm walking through the process in my head, I think a combination of hanging and wrapping would make the most fun pair of earrings. What do you think about this...

...wrapping the entire outer form with shades of bronze and gold bicones (if I have enough on hand) and then creating a coppery chain of bicones to hang from the lowest loop.

It's an idea in process, so throw your 2 cents in if you would like! :)

5 comments:

Pam Chesbro said...

Yum! do it! And please post the result.

Lisa said...

I agree with Pam! Isn't is like a daddy to be involved with what his daughter is doin? My daddy is like that, too, always has been. That was so sweet! Plus, he has great taste!! Can't wait to see your finished earrings! Have a great weekend!

Therese's Treasures said...

I think your design sounds wonderful please post the end results. Your Dad sounds like one teriffic guy!
Therese

TesoriTrovati said...

I could see weaving a tiny strip of sari silk through one side of this and then finishing with crystals or gemstones. Yum! I love paisleys so much! Enjoy the day!
Erin

Chandeliers Discount said...

Yes! Please post the final output. I'm so excited to see it myself. I became inspires to also do it my own. Thanks!