Monday, October 10, 2011

Coco Flowers

Check out these adorable Coco Flower beads from Big Lots! To be honest, I would have bought them even if they weren't $2 because I have a thing for sweet, innocent looking flowers like these!

I'm not sure if you can tell from the photo, but these are pretty large! One flower pretty much covers the midpoint of my wrist, so it will make a great bracelet focal bead.

They are also very light weight, so you could go so far as to use them for earrings too!

I really don't know if they are made from plastic or wood, but along the edges, it feels like wood. I checked the website on the package, www.thebeadery.com, and it looks like they manufacture primarily plastic beads.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, as usual, on how to creatively incorporate these into fun jewelry pieces!

5 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

Big Lots?!!! I've been hanging out at the wrong places! Actually, I was thinking of Big Lots yesterday ... I like they're plastic tackle-box type organizers ... the big ones! I think I need to go on a little trip today. :-)

DVArtist said...

I don't have a Big Lots close to me, however, I am going to visit my mom this week and that is one of the places we are going shopping. Here is an old museum tip. Get the end of a needle very hot and touch it to the back side of the bead. This will tell you if it is wood or plastic.
Nicole/Beadwright

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, Thanks for the tip Nicole! I hope you find something cool at Big Lots. Here is a tip for you and Barbara. If you happen to be in a Big Lots, make sure you look at the aisle ends for beads. My Big Lots hangs their beads at the end of the greeting card and/or office supply aisles. Good luck! :)

Silver Jewelry Jaipur said...

really dam good these cocos are i loved them really a nice and great post to good

Kokopelli said...

They look like chocolate and I want to eat them!