Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Need Something New to Wear Tomorrow" Project

I just experienced a moment of, "I have to make something new for tomorrow".

So, I grabbed one of these black graduated drops, a pearl and a round egyptian crystal. I just want something simple on a light silver chain, so I'm going to see what I end up with.

If I don't do it now, I'll be trying to make it tomorrow while I'm supposed to be getting ready for work!

Should only take a few minutes once I decide on either the pearl or the crystal. :)

I'd love to hear about your last minute crafty moments too. If you have a 5 minute jewelry project, please share!

8 comments:

graypeape said...

this isn't a 5 minute project, but it goes pretty fast & can be done while watching tv ( it's better if you don't look!!): make a bowl of bead soup in colors to match what you're going to wear (or neutral colors if you're not sure) & grab a length of memory wire as long as you like your bracelets to be. make a loop on one end & sit & string them on the wire- it's more fun if you don't look while you're doing this, surprises are fun!! seed beads are especially good for this project, you can mindlessly thread them on the wire while you watch a movie & not get tired & annoyed at how long it takes ;p

~April

Skye said...

Earrings are always quick to make :) The evening of my sister in law's bachlorette party I was waiting for my ride (who was running late, of course) and decided right out of the blue to make every one a pair of earrings to remember the night by. I didn't know how many of us were actually going to be there, but was told there might be five or so sleeping over... so I made five pairs. There were only four of us that slept over, and the bride didn't have her ears pierced any longer lol

Almost Precious said...

Whenever I attempt a 5 minute project it always runs into overtime. lol

Andrea said...

I do this all the time. I get up in the morning and decide that I need something new to go with an outfit or I have picked out one of my necklaces that I have made and I want matching earrings. I usually end up late for my appointments because I do this so often.

Lisa Crone said...

I LOVE it! So glad I'm not alone!

I also like the memory wire project that ends up as a surprise!

Silver Jewelry Jaipur said...

nice u just make a nice thing i love it a lot

Sharon said...

can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing

Beetique said...

The memory wire idea is good. That way you don't have to plan the beads and it would be quicker.