Saturday, October 29, 2011

This Week's Projects: Sequins & Crystals

Saturdays are great for lounging around if you have the time. They are also great for creating! I did a little bit of both today.

I wanted to share my work in progress that I started on a little while ago. The sparkly component bracelet is not turning out at all as I expected, but I'm warming up to it. :) I do have a soft spot for a crystally right angle weave!

I'll keep you posted on the final outcome. I noticed I had all these leftover crystals from last weekend's class and couldn't resist playing with them!

So, the sequin project is this adorable felt messenger bag with a velcro closure. I found this last weekend when I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby. It was $7.99 and I didn't have a coupon printed. Once again the smart phone pays off.

I googled "hobby lobby coupons" and the 40% off of one item came up. I asked at the checkout if they could take it directly from the screen of my phone and they did, yay!

The sequin peace sign is an iron on which took about 30 seconds to put in place and, voila, a new camera bag that I can continue to embellish as long as it holds up.

I also bought some adorable yellow canvas smiley face pins that have embroidered on eyes and smile in black, cute!

That's my crafting story for this week, I'd love to hear yours!

3 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Lisa, LOVE the camera bag. More bling is better! Seriously! Hope your weekend is turning out Fab!
{Hugs!}

Shirley said...

Just love that bag! What a great idea.

luan said...

Are you serious? This peace sign was made of sequence? Cool! You're very talented. I love collecting stuffs with peace sign, Do you have an online shop?
Thanks.

Jo-An from aspirateur balai sans fil