Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Vintage Style

There is something vintage-y about these connectors I found yesterday at Michael's Arts & Crafts store.

They hollered out to me for some reason. I am often drawn to vintage style pieces, but usually kitschy vintage.

I know, it was probably the SPARKLE!

I also know I need to stop buying and focus on making! :) I wish I had time tonight to make something because I quickly figured out which beads I think would work really well with one of these as the focal piece in a 3 strand bracelet.

I had made a necklace with some miscellaneous imperfect pearls that was also sort of vintage-y and I think the remaining pearls will work with this connector.

As always, we shall see! The sketch pad in my head is right about 50% of the time. It's the journey, the making, the trying, the erroring :) that makes life great!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and as always, let's go have a great new (and creative) week!!

3 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

"Stop buying and focus on making"?!?! That has been the story of my life for years now. I've kind of given up. Take heart-you are not alone:)

Shel said...

I hear ya w/the stop buying and start making. Just when I think I can start making things I want, I have orders for specific things to fill (usually findings and not actual jewelry) and I've got all these goodies that I'm just itching to use!

xlpharmacy facts said...

Good post! I've never heard about this people but if they're improving their place good for them.