Thursday, August 5, 2010

Smiley Faces!!

I love smiley faces!! :) Now that makes for some happy jewelry!!!

I've always doodled smiley faces and I can't seem to write a card or note without one!

I have used smiley faces in a number of jewelry projects.

I have knotted hemp cord around them, dangled them from bracelets and used them countless times in memory wire bracelets!

I think there is a smiley for everyone nowadays! There are plastic smileys, sterling smileys, Pandora smileys and smiley charms!

The one thing I keep on my desk at work is a classic yellow smiley coffee mug from the 1970's.

It's just to look at, not to drink out of :) I was so excited to find it at an antique show many years ago!

Can you see a smiley face and not smile back? I don't know if I can. Maybe on the outside I'm not actually smiling, but I am on the inside! That still counts!

I'd love to see other people's smiley jewelry that was made for adults. Wouldn't it be fun if we all made a smiley piece and I shared them all on a blog post?

If you have one, I'd love to see it and share it so.... please email me if you think that sounds like fun! abeadaday@sbcglobal.net

4 comments:

The Beading Gem said...

This post made me smile! Did you know the original smiley was created back in 1963? That's a lot of smileys since then!

The Infamous sunRay said...

A smiley challenge! How great! I can't wait to see what people come up with. I've got some polymer clay that would be perfect for this.

Ellen said...

I also collect the smiley beads but do not have anything currently created. I would be up to the challenge of making something with these fun beads.

Kokopelli said...

I only have some fridge magnets, which a co-worker gave to me when I had a hard time working for my former firm. They still make me smile!