Monday, August 1, 2011

Rebellious Jewelry Findings!

Rebel Shine! What a perfect name for these shiny metal spacers! Made by Cousin and on clearance at the craft store, it was an easy purchasing decision to make!! :)

Sometimes deep down and other times just beneath the surface, my rebel spirit is alive and well! It's a lot of fun when I'm able to tap into it for the purpose of creative expression!

I enjoy my jewelry so much more when I know I have broken "standard" rules about the use of colors, materials or techniques. It's that old school crafter in me that wants to put glitter on everything! :)

Speaking of jewelry making rebelliousness, if you are familiar at all with Margot Potter, you have definitely seen a bit of the rebel!! In fact, Margot proudly exclaims that she "colors outside the lines"!

I have a HUGE surprise for you guys....I am excited and honored to report that I will be sharing my review of Margot Potter's new book with you this weekend and MOST IMPORTANTLY will be giving away a copy, fresh off the presses!

Released last week, and thanks to Margot, you could be one of the first to get your hands on a copy! YAY!

More info to come later in the week with the actual giveaway post on Sunday, so stay tuned!!

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That is one awesome find! I am not averse to mixing old with new, artisan with mass produced, metals with fiber and I love that you have a keen eye for the potential of things, Miss Lisa! Keep up the great work, and I look forward to your review. It looks like a great book.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Great find! And looking forward to the book review!

flyingbeader said...

Can't wait for the book review.

Unknown said...

Fun components!