Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Wall of beads!

What a great picture of a fabulous wall of beads!!

This is from the Anderson's Bead Room in Port Charlotte, Florida. I've only been there once with my parents, but it was very memorable and if you are near the area, make sure you stop by now that they have moved to a new and larger store!

I vividly remember all the beads I purchased AND the tools because I hadn't brought any with me on this trip! Once I saw the beads I needed, there was no way I was waiting till I got home to Ohio to work with them!!!

I would LOVE to find a bead store that I can visit virtually in real time. If you have heard of or seen such a thing, PLEASE let me know!

4 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

Wow! What a photo! Do you go to Port Charlotte often? We have a home in St. Petersburg and we make about 10 trips a year for about 2 weeks at a time, with the intention of eventually retiring there. I would love to meet you during one of your trips.

Jean said...

Oh my goodness, a wall of beads - the stuff dreams are made of.
We have a number of small bead shops within 20 miles of my home but nothing like this.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I just pictured my 3 year old self skipping up and down the aisle, running my hands through the strands of beads in delight. Would still do it today, if I didn't have a reputation to uphold! LOL

Almost Precious said...

Now that looks like a true beader's paradise. Thank you for blogging this as I live on the west coast of Florida and will have to take a day trip to Port Charlotte soon. :)