Sunday, June 7, 2009

Slick, Colorful Beading Wire

Today's post is not about a bead, but about an important component in strung jewelry, the WIRE!

This wire is by the SoftFlex Company and is part of their Econoflex line. I was able to find this wire locally at Hobby Lobby and during my last trip there I bought the Steel Blue, Spring Green and Cinnamon Red for the first time. I have since used the Steel Blue wire on my "crystal extravaganza" bracelet posted last weekend. Something I just discovered when I was photographing this wire is they connect to each other as you stack them which keeps they perfectly organized.

I am anxious to use the Cinnamon Red this week as an accent with orange, red and yellow beads. If successful, I will post the outcome next Saturday.... :)

I have previously used the Black and the Autumn Brown wire and they look great worked into a piece together!

If you are looking for projects or more information on the softflex wire, please make sure you visit the website above. They frequently feature a new designer as well as beadshops around the country.

If you were wondering who has a couple of the best jobs in the beading world, I would have to nominate Sara Hardin (a.k.a. SoftFlex Girl) and Jamie Hogsett. If you don't already follow these two blogs, I highly recommend it!! Not only do they share wonderful insights into the beading industry, but also share their awesome and ultra-creative designs using softflex!

Sara has been posting some wonderful photos from the Bead & Button show, so if you weren't able to attend, take a quick peek.

Here's wishing you all a wonderful week!

6 comments:

Cristina Leonard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristina Leonard said...

I really like your blog too, Lisa. Especially the posts on stones. One of my favorite subjects!

Azure Accessories said...

Looks interesting...I'm putting an order in today...will be trying the aluminum wire...will let you know what I think!
Cheers

kelleylivingstondesigns said...

oooohhh, ahhhh!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Looks like my boring old silver wire has some new prettier friends! Will have to get some of that! Love how they snap together like that. Very handy. Will be checking out your beady blog recommendations. Always looking for good blogs! Thanks!

Unknown said...

Yes, it is true. I have a wonderful job (on most days). I have been very fortunate. :)

Thanks for reviewing our wire and suggesting our blogs.

Sara