Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jasper?

Hello!! In case you are one of the super, extra nice people who are experts in identification of stones and so kindly helped me with some pieces last week, I have a couple more unknowns from last Monday's mixed bag of stones I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I believe these might be different types of jasper.

This great pinkish stone with a number of other colors including green, brown and yellow, is approxiately 1 3/4" long with a hole going through the middle. This stone could easily be used as a pendant by dangling it long ways or by using it as a nice focal piece strung right on some wire or a choker wire. It is gorgeous!

This reddish stone with green and cream colors is such a deep beautiful color, I would hate to keep it in a bead container for a few years!! Now is the time to use all of these great beads, I just need some interesting ideas!

As always, please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!!

3 comments:

Kokopelli said...

I think they're both jasper or maybe unakite. The first one could also be rhodonite which is normally rose/pink with black specks. They both would make great focals in a necklace!

coolmoon said...

I've seen it called "Chinese Unakite", but believe that it is indeed one of the many forms of Jasper. It is gorgeous, though. I love those colors....

The Beading Gem said...

I think this is called autumn jasper because of its green and red combinations. A beautiful jasper for sure.